If you really miss waffles in the morning, this could be just the thing you are looking form.
INGREDIENTS2 large eggs, separated
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup soy powder
2 tbl wheat bran
2 tbl heavy cream
1 tbl cooking oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/8 tsp liquid artificial sweetener OR 2 tsp of powder sweetener
(I used liquid sodium saccharin)
- Place egg whites in a bowl with the cream of tartar and beat until stiff but not dry.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Fold egg whites into mixture until completely blended.
- Heat waffle iron and pour entire batter onto iron.
- Cook about 5 minutes or according to manufacturers instructions.
- Top with butter, sour cream or a no-cal syrup.
CommentsMakes 4 four-inch waffles.
Note: Different brands of ricotta can have very different carb counts. I used one with 2g of carb per 1/4 cup.
Carb Count: Entire recipe approx. 16 gs. (4 gs. per waffle).
Also, each waffle has approximately 1.5 grams of fiber. Some LC programs allow you to deduct the fiber grams from the carb grams when computing your carb intake.
CreditsRecipe courtesy of:
Copyright © 1998 by Jeffrey L. David.
May be reused with proper attribution.