Scott's Low-Carb Pancakes
This recipe is a combination of Jeff's Killer Low Carb Pancakes and the Atkins pancakes.
1/2 cup Soy powder
1/4 cup Atkin's Bake Mix
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Baking powder (optional - helps texture a bit)
1 cup Whole milk ricotta cheese
3/4 cup Half & Half
4 large Eggs
2 tsp. Oil (Canola or any neutral tasting oil is fine)
2 pkg. Artificial Sweetener
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir with a fork or spoon.
- Add ricotta cheese and other liquid ingredients.
- With an electric mixer, mix on lowest speed for about 10 secs, then at highest speed for about 1 min.
- Heat a non-stick griddle (or coat a griddle with vegetable spray) to medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle to about 3 to 3.5 inch circles.
- Cook until bubbles surface on uncooked side, flip and cook until done (about another minute).
- Serve hot with melted butter.
CommentsThere's about 3-4 gs or carbs in each.
I make a big batch, freeze them, then "nuke" a couple in the morning for breakfast.
CreditsRecipe courtesy of:
Dr. Rober C. Atkins
Jeffrey L. David