A classic Italian breakfast dish, done Low-Carb and Southwestern.
8 large eggs
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped bacon
1/4 cup of Onion (chopped)
1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
1 cup cooked Chopped Ham
1 14 ounce can peeled Tomatoes (chopped & drained)
1/2 teaspoon dried Dill Weed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 ounces Cream Cheese
6-8 ounces Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese(grated)
Large Oven-Proof Skillet
Large mixing bowl
- Chop the Onions & Red Bell Pepper.
- Drain and chop the peeled tomatoes and set aside.
- Move the oven rack to 4 inches from the top broiler element and preheat oven to 350°
- In an oven-proof skillet over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon until it is limp.
- Add the Onion, & Red Bell Pepper and cook until the onion is lightly golden.
- Drain off the grease and add the tomatoes and chopped ham and let cook (stirring occasionaly) until the mixture is thick.
- Meanwhile, beat the Cream Cheese, Eggs, Salt, Pepper, and Dill Weed in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the tomatoe mixture to the egg mixture and combine with 1/2 of the other Cheese. Mix well
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet and pour in the egg mixture.
- Cook over LOW heat until the mixture is firm and sets underneath.
- Remove from the stove, sprinkle the remaining Cheese over the top.
- Place the skillet in the oven under the broiler until the cheese is golden brown.
- Be carefull NOT to let it BURN.
CreditsRecipe courtesy of: