LEMON CHICKEN STIR FRY
This oriental dish has a fresh-tasting lemony sauce with dried chili providing just the right amount of spiciness.
4 chicken breasts, (boneless/skinless)
2 tbsp. peanut oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Lemon slices to garnish
Marinade4 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. shaohsing wine or dry sherry
Salt and pepper to taste
Sauce2 tbsp. water
6 tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup chicken broth
3 tbsp. brown sugar substitute
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- Wash the chicken and cut into thin strips
- Mix the chicken with the marinade ingredients, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a shallow dish, and leave to stand ready to use.
- Add the oil to a wok and heat on high until it start to smokes.
- Lower the heat to medium high, add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds to release the aroma.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon, add to the wok, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the marinade and the sauce mixture to the wok.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, and cook until slightly thickened.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve immediately.
Preparation time 20 minutes, Cooking time 10 minutes.
CARBS: About 4-6 per serving
CreditsRecipe courtesy of:
The Great Wok & Stir-Fry Cookbook