A classic italian dish done Low-Carb style.
INGREDIENTS2 medium eggplants
2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 lb. Provolone cheese, sliced thin
5 cups Basic Tomato Sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel eggplants and slice into 1/2 inch ovals.
- Rinse and drain eggplant slices.
- Salt and pepper eggplant and set aside.
- Spray 9 by 12 rectangular glass baking dish with vegetable oil.
- Cover bottom of dish with about 1 and 1/2 cups of the tomato sauce.
- Place a layer of sliced eggplant over the sauce.
- Place single slice of Provolone cheese over the eggplant and sprinkle with 1/2 of the Parmesan Cheese.
- Cover with 1 and 1/2 cups of tomato sauce.
- Add remaining eggplant slices, cover with additional Provolone slices and Parmesan cheese.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes, until eggplant is fork tender.
- Uncover and continue to bake for 10 to 15 minutes to reduce the amount of liquid.
CreditsRecipe courtesy of: