Herb Stuffed Rack Of Lamb
INGREDIENTS2 racks of American Lamb (1 ˝ to 2 ˝ lbs. EACH)
2 medium Onions, finely chopped
1 1/3 cups chopped Celery
2 tsp. Oregano Leaves
1/4 cup Butter
1/2 cup finely chopped Parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh Mint
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
4 cups toasted Whole Wheat bread cubes
1/2 cup Lemon-Lime soda or 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the Onion, Celery and Oregano for 10 to 12 min., or until tender.
- Combine the onion mixture with the Parsley, Mint, Salt, Pepper, and Bread cubes.
- Stir in the Lemon-Lime soda (or orange juice).
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 deg.
- Cut 2/3 of the way down between each Rib to hold the stuffing.
- Place 1/4 cup of Stuffing in each cut, cover with foil.
- Place Lamb, stuffing side up, on rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast the lamb, basting often with pan juices, for 28 to 30 minutes per pound (1 ˝ to 3 hours), or until a meat thermometer registers 150 degrees (Medium Rare).
CreditsRecipe courtesy of: