Ground Beef Mexicana
INGREDIENTS1 poung ground beef
1 - 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chunky salsa (with visible chunks of veggies)
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (or mexican mix)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup black olives
Green Chiles (to taste)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in a olive oil and let it heat up for about 30 seconds
- Add the minced garlic and cook until lightly brown
- Crumble ground beef in frying pan, and cook until well browned.
- Pour off excess fat.
- Add 1/4 cup of salsa (more or less to taste)
- If you are using olives and/or green chiles, add them now.
- Green chiles - when you add the salsa
- Add about 1/4 cup of water (carefully, everything is hot!)
- Stir, then cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Add more salsa or water while simmering if you like the sauce thinner or thicker.
- Stir before serving.
- At the very end of cooking, sprinkle on the cheese and heat until it melts
- It tastes great by itself, or on Low-Carb tortilla.
CreditsRecipe courtesy of: