Italian Style Chicken
1 1/3 teaspoons olive oil, divided use
4 ounces chicken tenderloin, sliced diagonally
1 cup chopped onion, divided use 1/2 teaspoon
1 1/4 cups chopped plum tomatoes
6 cups spinach, chopped
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium non-stick sauté pan, heat 2/3 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add chicken, 1/2 cup of the onion and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Saute until chicken pieces are browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- In a second non-stick sauté pan, heat remaining oil.
- Stir in remaining cup onion along with tomatoes, spinach, stock, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Saute until spinach begins to wilt.
- Place vegetable mixture on a serving plate and top with chicken.
CommentsMakes 1 serving.
On "The Zone" diet, this recipe counts as 4 blocks each of protein, fat and carbohydrates.
CreditsRecipe courtesy of:
Adapted from Drsears.com
From Mastering the Zone by Bar Sears, Ph.D. (ReganBooks, 1997)
Photos by Sherrie Buzby/ The Arizona Republic