Basic Tomato Sauce
Basic Tomato Sauce for Italian Dishes
INGREDIENTS1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes in puree
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
3 TB extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1/2 cup fresh basil chopped or 1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. baking soda
salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until tender.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce stirring to mix, while cooking over medium heat.
- Add the basil and baking soda continuing to stir.
- Lower heat to a simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
CreditsRecipe courtesy of: