Cheddar Cheese Sauce
A basic cheese sauce for vegetables or pasta.
INGREDIENTS1 cup grated sharp Cheddar or smoky flavor Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups milk
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black or white pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
dash garlic powder (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-low heat.
- Stir in flour; cook and stir for about 1 minute. (Do NOT let mixture brown!)
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Add dry mustard and garlic powder.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened.
- Add cheese.
- Continue to cook and stir until cheese is melted.
CreditsRecipe courtesy of: