Shrimp and Sea Scallop Stir-Fry
A quick and tastey Sea Food meal.
INGREDIENTS6 tablespoon peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
8 oz. shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 oz. sea scallops
3 carrots; julienned
4 celery stalks cut into 1" pieces (at an angle)
2 red bell pepppers (seeded and julienned)
2 yellow bell pepper (seeded and julienned)
2 green bell peppers (seeded and julienned)
12 mushrooms (sliced)
3 teaspoon garlic (minced)
1 bunch cilantro (chopped)
1 bunch scallions (cut into 1 pieces at an angle)
2 limes (juiced)
1 teaspon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
1/4 cup sherry
1/4 cup soy sauce
- Prepare all the vegetables.
- Pour the oil into large heated wok (or saute pan) and heat it on high until it just begins to smoke.
- Add the carrots, celery, bell peppers, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Stir-fry them for 3 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and scallions, and toss for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the lime juice, dried red pepper flakes, and sherry, toss for about 30 seconds.
- Mix the ingredients together and cook them for 1 minute, or until the liquid is reduced by 1/2.
- Add the shrimp and scallops, and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until shrimp is pink and scallops translucent.
- Add the soy sauce and cook for another 30 second to 1 minute.
CreditsRecipe courtesy of: