It is usually made with sliced carrots, cauliflower, & green beans, and served with tortillas for dipping. To help keep it Low-Carb I've left out the carrots & cauliflower, and made the green beans optional. The tortillas are avoided all together.
1 pound GROUNG PORK
1/3 cup raw RICE
1 1/2 teaspoon SALT
1/2 teaspoon PEPPER
1 LARG EEGG slightly beaten
1 ONION (minced)
1 GARLIC clove (minced)
3 quarts BEEF STOCK
8oz. can TOMATO SAUCE
10 oz. pkg. GREEN BEANS thawed (optional)
Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Mix the meat, rice, egg, salt and pepper.
- Shape the meat mixture into little balls.
- Wilt the minced onion and garlic in oil.
- Add the tomato sauce and beef stock and heat to boiling point.
- Drop the meatballs into the boiling broth.
- If using green beans, add them now.
- Lower heat to MEDIUM, cover tightly and cook about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped Cilantro when serving