Egg Drop Soup
A traditional Chinese Soup that is naturally Low-Carb
1 1/2 pints CLEAR or VEGETABLE STOCK
1/2 teaspoon SALT
1/2 teaspoon SUGAR SUBSTITUTE
1/2/ teaspoon SESAME OIL
1 teaspoon thin SOY SAUCE
1 large SCALLIONS, green parts only, cut into tiny rounds
- Cut the SCALLIONS discarding the white parts, and cut the GREEN PARTS into tiny rounds.
- Beat the EGG slightly.
- Put the STOCK in a sauce pan or wok and bring to a boil
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Over the BACK of a fork held 8-10 inches above the sauce pan, pour the EGG over the fork in a circular motion so that the egg covers the whole surface of the stock.
- Remove from the heat and cover for 45 seconds to allow the egg to set into tender flakes.
- Add the SALT, SUGAR, and SOY SAUCE, & SEASAME OIL, and sprinkle in the SCALLIONS.
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring generously.
- Transfer to a large warm soup tureen or soup bowls and serve.
CreditsRecipe courtesy of: