Best Beef Brisket
Use this Beef Brisket recipe if you want to be the best in your group at making tender beef brisket. You can use a whole brisket and trim it yourself before beginning, but you are better with a 'trimmed, flat cut' that has very little fat.
Whole brisket (NOT Corned-Beef Brisket!)
2 Tablespoons Liquid Smoke flavoring
2 teaspoon celery seed
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 Tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion flakes
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
Beef broth or water
- Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together except the beef broth or water.
- Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with foil so there are no seams on the bottom.
- Trim fat off of the brisket.
- Place meat on foil, fat side up.
- Pour mixture over brisket.
- Add enough beef broth or water to cover the brisket.
- Fold foil over meat and crimp edges so moisture cannot escape.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake 1 hour per pound at 275°.
- Open foil and bake for 45 minutes at 375°
- Slice across the grain.
- Serve with "Smoke Sauce"
CreditsRecipe courtesy of: